Thursday, September 20, 2018

Summer 2018 Ending Thoughts

The summer officially ends in 2 days, on September 22, 2018 so I decided to post my Summer 2018 ending summary.

I ended up not being able to finish my 20 books this summer. The original list was:

  1. The Wurst is Yet to Come

  2. Engaging Father Christmas

  3. Pippi Longstocking

  4. Children of the Lamp: The Blue Djinn of Babylon

  5. The Genius Files: Never Say Genius

  6. Wilma Tenderfoot: The Case of the Frozen Hearts

  7. It’s Raining Cupcakes

  8. Murder on the Links

  9. Class Dismissed

  10. The Sinclair Mysteries: The Painted Dragon

  11. Draw Blood

  12. Blood Dawn

  13. Airman

  14. The Book Scavenger: The Alcatraz Escape

  15. BOB

  16. Fairy Tale Reform School: Charmed

  17. Fairy Tale Reform School: Tricked

  18. Fairy Tale Reform School: Switched

  19. Descendants: Rise of the Isle of the Lost

  20. Archie Greene and the Magician’s Secret


I only managed to finish 11 of these books. That's not to say I didn't read 20 books, there were just a couple I read that weren't originally on this list.

Oh, and my plan to clear out my bookshelf totally backfired. I ended up going to my library's summer sale where I bought like 4 books. Then my local used bookshop ended up having their end of the summer sale which was buy one get one free on everything! As you can imagine, I bought so so so SO many books. So now I had to clear out some space just to store all these new books.

The other books I ended up reading this summer were:

  1. Hermes and the Horse with Wings (Heroes in Training #13)

  2. Chocolate Fever

  3. Perseus and the Monstrous Medusa (Heroes in Training #12)

  4. Wild Card (Dresden Files Graphic Novels #6)

  5. Dionysus and the Land of Beasts (Heroes in Training #14)

  6. Samantha and the Missing Pearls (American Girls Short Stories #17)

  7. Samantha's Short Story Collection

  8. I am Mordred

  9. The Report Card

  10. Posted

  11. The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl #2)

  12. Murder in Retrospect (Hercule Poirot #25)

  13. Sage and the Journey to Wishworld (Star Darlings #1)

  14. The Princess Imposter

  15. Restart

  16. Schooled

  17. Sugar and Spice (Confectionery Yours #3)

  18. Flipped


So, while I didn't finish all of the 20 books I initially set out to read I ended up reading 29 books! Which, overall, is more than my initial goal of 20. So I'll take this as a half way win.

In the end I didn't really meet my goals, but I still think it was a fun try anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment