Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Cars 3

Cars_3_posterRelease Date: June 16, 2017

Summary:

Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen pushes himself beyond his limits and suffers a huge crash. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez. Proving that 95 isn’t through yet, he will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage against his new rival, Jackson Storm.

My Thoughts:

There aren’t that many movies that I’m dying to see this year. Pretty much just Despicable Me 3 and Coco. When I first heard the Cars franchise was getting another sequel I rolled my eyes. After the performance that was Cars 2 (which by the way is an incredibly uninspired title) I had very little hope for Cars 3. Now, I just want to make it clear, I didn’t actually hate Cars 2, I just thought it wasn’t up to the usual standards of Pixar. Nonetheless, I had no real interest in Cars 3 (I really hope they change the title, add a tagline or something) until I saw the initial trailer when I was seeing another movie.

[caption id="attachment_1649" align="aligncenter" width="714"]Cars 2 Cars 2[/caption]

Cars 2 looked visually competitive to the other movies Pixar has created, but conceptually wasn’t quite up to par. It has been the first negative received movie of Pixar and it isn’t really giving me much hope for the third installment.

Then I saw the 50 second teaser trailer and all of a sudden my interest in the movie has been piqued. For the first 20 seconds I was having a hard time deciding if this was an animated feature of if it was an actual racing scene. I saw the movie trailer in theaters in 3D, so it looked especially impressive on the big screen. Of course, I knew Cars 3 was supposed to be coming out soonish, so for a second I contemplated the option, but it wasn’t until Lightning McQueen came onto the screen that I knew for sure it was a trailer for Cars 3.

Teaser Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4K7JgPJ8-s

I am thoroughly impressed. The cars looked real, the track authentic, and when those sparks and dust were flying at my face I was in awe. It almost doesn’t look like a cartoon. Even if the movie’s story turns out to be complete garbage (which isn’t likely with Pixar), this trailer has already impressed me so much that I will for sure be going into the theater to watch this. And if they put even a fraction of the effort into the story that they did into the visual effects of that trailer then I already know I’m going to love it.

Extended Look Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1eQYk74R1g

No comments:

Post a Comment