Monday, February 8, 2016

Review! Gravity Falls Series Finale (Part 1--Pre-Thoughts)

S2e20_coming_in_2016
It's finally come. The ending of Gravity Falls. Tune in the evening of February 15, 2016 on Disney Channel to watch Weirdmageddon 3: Take Back the Falls!



Pre-Thoughts:

This is one of the only good (in my opinion of course) animated TV shows to be on Disney Channel these days. This show is the perfect mix of mystery, suspense, and comedy. The thing that I like best about this show is that it has an overarching story that other animated shows on Disney Channel seem to lack. However, even though there is an overarching mystery, not every episode necessarily is critical to solving that mystery. In other words, it's easy enough for a casual viewer to turn on almost any of the episodes and be able to enjoy it without knowing much about the story before hand (of course after watching even one episode the viewer will likely be hooked). I like the feeling of the show in that the words "series finale" means something to the story; there will actually be a real climax. The show is plenty funny and the characters get into all sorts of different troubling situations but through it all I still get the feeling that the show is going to accumulate to something much bigger than the sum of it's parts. Finally, after a really long wait all of the mysterious questions that have been brought up throughout the story will be answered. I'm not even going to try to guess what's going to happen because I have a feeling that no matter what Alex Hirsch will surprise me.

CbTHSB1W8AAQ7jU  maxresdefault (1)

 

On February 15th after the first showing of Gravity Falls Weirdmageddon 3: Take Back the Falls, I will be posting my post-thoughts section. Check back with me on February 15!

No comments:

Post a Comment